It’s been true for hundreds, if not thousands of years, and the fact still remains, a cast iron skillet is hands down one of the most useful bits of cooking kit you can have in your kitchen.
In the 1960’s and 1970’s, we were lured away by the non-stick charms of Teflon, but slowly and surely, more and more cooks and homemakers are discovering and rediscovering the rewarding and practical pleasure of cooking with cast iron.
For those of you that are unsure of the benefits of cast iron, or just want to know how and when to use them, take a look at the information we’ve provided after the review section, to teach you all about cast iron cooking.
If you are already convinced that a cast iron skillet is the next cookware choice for you, then have a look at the detailed reviews below for each of the skillets in the table.
The 5 Best Cast Iron Skillets For Your Kitchen
Le Creuset Signature Skillet
- Handcrafted and with a lifetime guarantee
- Capable of handling high temperatures
- No seasoning is required
Check on Amazon → Lodge 10.25-inch Cast Iron Skillet
- Integral handle actually makes maneuvering easier
- Beautiful finish
- Pre-seasoned and enamelling
Check on Amazon → Pioneer Woman Timeless Cast Iron 12-inch Skillet
- Entry level pan that will do a great job
- Features a helper handle and double spout
- Can handle anything from baked egg tortillas to steaks and chops
Check on Amazon → Staub Cast Iron 10-inch Fry Pan
- Non-stick quality becomes better over time
- Smallish size is ideal for a couple or a small family
- Lower price with a helper handle and double spout
Check on Amazon → Calphalon Pre-seasoned 12 inch Skillet
- Reasonable price
- Traditional old-country charm and a very functional appeal
- Sturdy integral handle and an all-important second grip
Check on Amazon →
|Le Creuset Signature Skillet||Check on Amazon →|
|Lodge 10.25-inch Cast Iron Skillet||Check on Amazon →|
|Pioneer Woman Timeless Cast Iron 12-inch Skillet||Check on Amazon →|
|Staub Cast Iron 10-inch Fry Pan||Check on Amazon →|
|Calphalon Pre-seasoned 12 inch Skillet||Check on Amazon →|