Top 10 Healthiest Cookware
At a glance:
- Ozeri Stone Earth Frying Pans
- GreenPan Valencia Pro 11-piece Cookware Set
- GreenLife 14-Piece Non-stick Cookware Set
- Made In Cookware
- Calphalon Commercial Hard-Anodized 13-pc. Cookware Set
- WearEver Pure Living Cookware Set
- Rachael Ray Hard Anodized II 10-Piece Cookware Set
- Anolon Advanced Bronze Hard Anodized Nonstick Cookware Set
- Tramontina 15-Piece Hard Anodized Cookware Set
- Le Creuset Signature 5-Piece Cast Iron Cookware Set
What is the healthiest cookware and why do people crave these sets so much? With the cookware market saturated with new gimmicky cookware, healthy cookware takes a back seat.
To make things worse, manufacturers and distributors are not even honest about labeling their cookware as toxic.
Thankfully there is a lot of information that is available on healthy cooking online. We have compiled the healthiest cookware listed in order of preference based on our research.
Hopefully this list will help serve you well when you purchase your healthy pots and pans.
What Is Traditional Kitchen Ware!?
Before we list to you of the our Top 10 healthiest cookware, we wanted you to know the main problems with traditional cookware such as some Teflon coating non-stick pots and pans, pure aluminum cookware and copper cookware.
All of the above mentioned have harmful chemicals that release hormone altering chemicals into your food. We stress the need for using the safest cookware. Did you know that:
- Pure aluminum cookware is made from toxic materials that leach their toxic substances and causes diseases. Even with the new anodized aluminum which boasts an oxide layer that thickens the surface of the pan, there is still potential for aluminum toxicity itself.
- Some non-stick cookware has chemicals that are toxic with the release of the Teflon coating back in 1946. Such chemicals include PFOA and PTFE
- Copper cookware is made from 99% copper which creates exposure to copper toxicity. According to studies, adults should intake only 900 micro-grams of copper per day. With copper leaching risk as a result of using these copper pans, this could potentially exceed the overall daily dose of copper and lead to poisoning.
A lot of the cookware from the previous generations contain one of the above materials and are harmful to cook with. Luckily, some of the newest healthy cookware on the market are tremendously improved and create healthy alternatives.
Welcome New-age Nonstick Cookware Sets
The new age kitchen ware available on the market right now has been improved drastically and healthy cookware is now a norm. Since the Teflon non-stick era, steel and aluminum cookware are now coated with complex premium materials such as stone, diamond, marble, ceramic, titanium, and porcelain. The rational behind these is that they coat the aluminum and steel to prevent the harmful effects from getting into your food. In addition, these materials were used primarily to minimize the effects of food sticking onto the cookware.
Without a doubt with these new kitchen ware coatings comes advantages and disadvantages and so it’s up to the consumer to distinguish between the toxic and healthy pots and pans to purchase. However, the new non stick cookware coatings offer more benefits than the prior generation traditional cookware.
Not only have the new kitchen ware been safe guarded against toxic coatings such as Teflon, but they also provide new ergonomics that will make your healthy cooking even more enjoyable. Such improvements are in the heat resistant handles, heat conduction through induction surfaces, and sturdier material construction to prevent vibrations and increased durability.
One thing to keep in mind is while a pan may look nice and harmless on the outside, it could be toxic after you start cooking with it. If you’re unsure about your cookware, it’s best to make your selection from the trusted list of healthy cookware below.
Without further ado, here are the top 10 healthiest cookware options in order of preference:
How Safe Is Granite Cookware and Granite Pans?
Granite cookware is a material used in frying pans. Today granite cookware and granite pans are made with a stainless steel core and topped with a glass coating. Most granite cookware has a porcelain enamel fused at 2,000 F. This creates a non-stick glass surface that’s non-porous and inert. Granite these days are much lighter than previous generations of granite because of technological advancements.
It’s considered safe unless there are PFOA and PTFE on the pans. These are the same chemicals used in Teflon. In addition, the granite cookware looks the same as regular non-stick cookware.
If you have a granite pan, make sure you take these precautions to be safe:
- Always heat the pan to a maximum of medium-high heat. This will preserve the non-stick coating.
- When on medium high heat, make sure you use some oil. Don’t heat an empty pan.
- Use wooden spatulas instead of metal spatulas to preserve the non-stick coating.
Some granite cookware has a porcelain coating. To protect this coating, make sure you use wooden utensils on there instead of metal.
If you have damaged porcelain coating on your cookware, make sure you dispose of it immediately. You can tell the coating is damaged by frying an egg. If the egg sticks to the bottom of the pan, it’s damaged. The pan will no longer be safe for use.
Instead of granite coated pans, take a look at the below healthy pans:
Ozeri Stone Earth Frying Pans
- 100% PFOA free (no Teflon coating)
- Allows you to use no oil at all for your cooking
- Great for pan sticky foods like eggs and fish
Check on Amazon → GreenPan Valencia Pro 11-piece Cookware Set
- Can resist high temperatures up to 500 degrees Celsius
- Made with premium materials that are PFOA free
- Leaves a very small carbon footprint
Check on Amazon → GreenLife 14-Piece Non-stick Cookware Set
- Thermolon non-stick coating that won’t distort the taste of food
- Cadmium, lead and 100% PFOA free
- Oven safe and made with stainless steel
Check on Amazon → Made In Cookware
- The ultimate in fat-free healthy cooking
- Comes with beautifully designed lids so that the nutrients and moisture can not escape
- Lifetime warranty
Check Best Price → Calphalon Commercial Hard-Anodized 13-pc. Cookware Set
- Anodized aluminum that protects from toxic health risks
- Handles will never get hot when cooking
- Lifetime warranty
Check on Amazon → WearEver Pure Living Cookware Set
- PFOA, PTFE and cadmium free
- Non-stick ceramic coating promotes healthy cooking by using less oil
- Easy to clean and scratch resistant
Check on Amazon → Rachael Ray Hard Anodized II 10-Piece Cookware Set
- Durable and heats up quickly to cook your nutritious food
- Hard anodized aluminum that protects from toxic health risks
- Ergonomic design
Check on Amazon → Anolon Advanced Bronze Hard Anodized Nonstick Cookware Set
- Cook with minimal oil and butter for a healthier lifestyle
- East to clean
- Extra durable
Check on Amazon → Tramontina 15-Piece Hard Anodized Cookware Set
- Will not leach into your precious food and distort the taste and color
- Long lasting
- Easy to use
Check on Amazon → Le Creuset Signature 5-Piece Cast Iron Cookware Set
- Porcelain enamel that makes cleanup a breeze
- Great for searing and glazing
- Built to withstand heat up to 500 degrees
Check on Amazon →
|Ozeri Stone Earth Frying Pans||Check on Amazon →|
|GreenPan Valencia Pro 11-piece Cookware Set||Check on Amazon →|
|GreenLife 14-Piece Non-stick Cookware Set||Check on Amazon →|
|Made In Cookware||Check Best Price →|
|Calphalon Commercial Hard-Anodized 13-pc. Cookware Set||Check on Amazon →|
|WearEver Pure Living Cookware Set||Check on Amazon →|
|Rachael Ray Hard Anodized II 10-Piece Cookware Set||Check on Amazon →|
|Anolon Advanced Bronze Hard Anodized Nonstick Cookware Set||Check on Amazon →|
|Tramontina 15-Piece Hard Anodized Cookware Set||Check on Amazon →|
|Le Creuset Signature 5-Piece Cast Iron Cookware Set||Check on Amazon →|