Healthier Beef Stroganoff Recipe (Classic and Easy) in 25 Minutes
This classic dish can easily enter the category of comfort foods. It is nourishing, with a rich yet soft texture and has a delicious taste.
- 1 lb. beef sirloin, cut into bite-size pieces
- 0.5 lb. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pcs onion, diced
- 2 pcs garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 ½ cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp gluten-free flour
- 3 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 cups gluten-free fusilli, cooked
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, to serve
Cook the pasta according to the package instructions and set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet. Cook the beef on both sides for about 3 minutes per side. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
Add the remaining oil. Sautee the onion for 2 minutes. Bring in the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the mushrooms and peas and stir well. Cook for about 5-6 minutes until the onion and mushrooms are soft.
Add 1 tablespoon of broth to deglaze the pan.
Meanwhile whisk together the broth, mustard, and flour. Mix well until there are no lumps left.
Pour this mixture into the skillet. Stir well. Let everything simmer for about 5 minutes. Add the Greek yogurt and keep on stirring.
Bring back the meat and cook a bit longer until everything is heated through. Adjust the taste for salt and pepper.
Divide the pasta between serving plates. Spoon the beef stroganoff over it. Top with fresh parsley leaves and serve warm.
- When you prepare this type of sauce, it is important to stir from time to time when cooking for two reasons. The first one is that the flour from the sauce can get stuck on the bottom of the pan. The second one is that you are able to feel the consistency of the sauce.
- If you don’t like pasta or prefer other side dish, go for rice, zucchini noodles, greens, potatoes or even fresh homemade sourdough bread.
- This classy dish can definitely be accompanied by a glass of wine. All healthy beef recipes go well with red wine. And no red wine is better than the dry or semi dry ones. Choose some pinot noir or merlot. Even a cabernet is perfect. If you don’t like red wine, choose a rose. But don’t go for white wine, this type is not appropriate for red meat.
- You should also know that other varieties of meat are also suitable for the stroganoff. Turkey, pork or chicken are great alternatives.
- In case you want to prepare an easy dish, remember that beef stroganoff slow cooker could be the answer.
Calories: 425kcal | Carbohydrates: 24.3g | Protein: 33.1g | Fat: 18.5g