Quick & Simple 4-Banana Bread Recipe (that’s easy moist) in 1 Hour
This easy moist banana bread is great for morning coffee or a snack. You just need to mix up some ingredients and place it an hour in the oven. It is definitely worth a try!
- 4 pcs large bananas, mashed (about 2 cups)
- 2 pcs eggs, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a loaf pan or line it with parchment paper. Set aside.
Mix together the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl.
Beat the sugar and butter for about 2 minutes, until creamy. Add the eggs, one by one. Whisk in the yogurt, bananas and vanilla extract on medium speed.
Mix in the dry ingredients with the mixer at low speed. Do not overmix, stop when there are no more lumps.
Fold in the walnuts using a spatula.
Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and take it to the oven. Bake for about 60-65 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf should come out clean.
Place the bread on a wire rack to cool completely before cutting it.
- In case you have some leftovers (it is kind of unlikely, but…) keep the fluffy banana bread at room temperature for up to 2 days. It can also be stored in the refrigerator for 1 week.
- It is also possible to freeze the bread and enjoy it after 3 or even 4 months. Let the baked loaf cool completely. Wrap it whole or wrap individual slices in plastic or aluminum foil. Place everything in large bag or container. Put in the freezer. Defrost in the fridge or at room temperature before serving.
- This recipe can be used for making banana muffins too. You will get about 20 muffins. Preheat the oven to 450F. Divide the batter between muffin holes and bake for 5 minutes. Decrease the temperature to 350F and bake for 15-17 minutes more. Just like for the simple banana bread recipe, take the muffins to a wire rack to cool completely before serving.
- You may serve the banana bread just with coffee, tea or a bit of butter. But it tastes extremely delicious if you also prepare a cream cheese frosting out of 4 oz. cream cheese and ¼ cup softened butter. Beat until creamy. Add sugar or 2-3 tablespoons of honey to sweeten. Adjust the taste if needed.
Calories: 267kcal | Carbohydrates: 36.2g | Protein: 5.5g | Fat: 12g