Classic 15-min Fluffy French Toast (Easy and Homemade)
This French toast can turn a good morning into a great one. Try this recipe and simply go crazy with the toppings. You will have the best French toast ever.
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 pcs eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp butter
- Fresh/frozen berries, for topping
Beat the eggs well. Add the milk and mix until well combined.
Add the flour stirring continuously.
Mix the sugar with cinnamon in a small bowl. Rub this mixture onto the bread slices.
Dip one slice at a time into the French toast batter for about 10-15 seconds on each side.
Melt the butter in a large pan.
Drip the excess batter off the bread slices and place them on the pan.
Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until they look golden-brown and are cooked through.
Top with your favorite garnish and serve immediately.
- I used a mix of frozen berries for topping but you may be very creative with that. Anything from maple syrup to bacon will work. Depending on your mood that day, go for savory or sweet. The French toast is delicious either way.
- In case you make more French toast than you can eat or want to prepare it in advance, you should know that it can be reheated both in a pan or in microwave. I believe it doesn’t taste the same as the fresh-made one but it works.
- You can also freeze it. Let it cool completely and then wrap each slice in plastic foil. It will keep up to two months. Use the microwave or toaster to reheat it.
- And, most of all, enjoy your fluffy French toast!
Calories: 295kcal | Carbohydrates: 34.1g | Protein: 11.7g | Fat: 14.3g