How to Make Cauliflower Fried Rice Recipe in 15 Minutes
Choose this rice over the classic one for a rich flavor and crunchy texture. It is perfect for paleo, low-carb, low-calorie, gluten-free diets.
- ½ head cauliflower
- 2 pcs eggs
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Rinse the cauliflower and pat dry using some paper towels. Cut into chunks and place into the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until it resembles the texture of couscous. Set aside for a while, but don’t cover with the lid.
Slightly beat the eggs.
Slice the bell pepper.
Heat 1/3 of the oil in a large skillet. Add the eggs and cook for about 3-4 minutes, breaking them with a wooden spatula so you don’t get an omelet. Remove from heat and place on a plate. Scrape the pan and return it on the stove.
Heat another 1/3 of the oil and add the red bell pepper slices and peas. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and sprinkle the oregano. Stir and cook for about 5 minutes, until a bit soft but still crunchy. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Heat the remaining oil and add the cauliflower. Season again and cook for about 3 minutes until the rice softens.
Bring in back the eggs and veggies. Heat everything through for about 2 minutes.
Remove from the stove and serve immediately.
- To keep the cauliflower fried rice tasty serve it when taken directly from heat. If you don’t have time to serve it then, let it cool completely and then store in a sealed container in the fridge. The easiest way to warm it is to place the rice in a pan over medium-low heat and leave it 5-7 minutes.
- Feel free to add any vegetable you like. I may suggest carrots, green onion, diced eggplants or zucchini. To make it a bit Asian, pour a teaspoon of Tamari and stir in a minced garlic clove.
- It really pairs well with minced beef. Canned tuna could also be an option if you need a low carb meal.
- In case you want a lower calorie intake or you are having cholesterol problems, just replace the eggs with egg whites and make it three instead of two.
- And, most important, enjoy your food!
Calories: 280kcal | Carbohydrates: 19.3g | Protein: 11.5g | Fat: 19g