Easy Flourless Chocolate Cookies Recipe in 12 Minutes
These cookies bring the best in chocolate. They have a rich texture, soft and chewy in the middle and a bit crunchy around the edges. A dream come true!
Servings: 12 cookies
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup dark chocolate, shredded
- 1 ½ cup coconut sugar, ground
- 2 pcs egg whites, room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
Grind the coconut sugar so you will get powdered sugar.
Combine the sugar, cocoa powder and salt in a large bowl.
Bring in the egg whites and vanilla. Whisk until you get a moist and thick batter.
Use a spatula to fold in the shredded dark chocolate.
Take a spoon and scoop the batter on the tray. Make sure you leave 1’’ space between the cookies as they will spread while cooking.
The baking time is about 13-15 minutes. The cookies should appear glossy. My advice is to check them after 13 minutes to see how they look. If you feel like they need more baking, leave them in the oven for 2 more minutes.
Remove the tray from the oven but don’t take the cookies out. Let them cool completely, and then use a spatula to pull out the no flour cookies.
- Even if they are removed from the oven, the no flour cookies still cook a bit more while the tray is hot. This is why it’s important to respect the baking time. Also not moving them before they’re completely cold is a good idea. They are still very soft when you take them out of the oven. They need some time to harden so you can safely handle them without breaking their form.
- Having no binder such as flour, gluten-free chocolate cookies tend to spread while cooking. You need to leave enough space between them or else you will get a gigantic chocolate blanket because they will all stick together.
- You can give them a nutty aroma by adding a tablespoon of almond butter. This will enhance the taste, making the cookies even more delicious.
- In case you don’t eat all of them at once (which is extremely advisable), store the cookies in an airtight container for no more than three days. You may also place them in the fridge and keep up to six days.
Calories: 122kcal | Carbohydrates: 25.4g | Protein: 2.6g | Fat: 3.8g