One-Pan Bold Chicken and Potatoes Recipe in 1 Hour
This quick recipe is great both for a weekend lunch or a working week dinner. It is filled with flavors, tenderness and crunchiness at the same time. Because combining chicken with potatoes is always in trends.
- 2 pcs chicken legs, bone-in, skin on
- 3 pcs large potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Place the meat in the baking dish.
Peel the potatoes and cut into small chunks. Place them next to the meat.
Drizzle the olive oil and sprinkle the herbs. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste. Use your hands or a wooden spoon to stir and coat the meat and vegetables. If you don’t like getting your hands dirty, there is the option of mixing the oil with herbs and seasonings in a large bowl. Add the meat and potatoes to the bowl and stir well to coat. After that, transfer to the dish.
Pour the water and bake for about 55 minutes at 450F. You can also lower the heat to 400F. I prefer everything crunchier and so I use a higher cooking temperature. Check from time to time to see if there is enough liquid so the meat and veggies will cook evenly.
When the dish is done, remove it from the oven and let cool a bit before serving.
- Oven baked chicken and potatoes can be served with a large salad. A dip will also work well. You may try guacamole or some spicy tomato dip. Even a pesto can accompany this one-pot dish.
- Enjoy roasted chicken and potatoes directly from the pot. It will be more fun. Plus, you won’t have to wash the dishes after that. Gather your family and friends and fight over the food. It will be an experience to remember.
- If there are any leftovers, enjoy them the next day. They can even be turned into a salad, by adding any veggies and dressing you have in your kitchen. Roasted chicken and potatoes can be kept in the fridge for up to two days. Yet I would suggest to cook only the amount you eat for one meal because the flavor and taste are much better just after you remove the dish from the oven.
Calories: 353kcal | Carbohydrates: 43.5g | Protein: 19.5g | Fat: 11.5g