Easy Healthy Savory Zucchini Cheddar Cheese Muffins Recipe in 30 Minutes
If you run out of cooking ideas, you should really try these savory zucchini cheddar cheese muffins. Rest assured, you won’t regret it! The recipe is easy, quick and brings a lot of flavors. Did I forgot to tell you that it tastes incredible?
Servings: 15 Muffins
- 2 eggs
- 10 oz. almond milk/whole milk
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ medium zucchini grated
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 green onions chopped
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried thyme
Preheat the oven to 325F. Line a muffin tin with silicone molds or grease it very well with butter.
Take two large bowls, to have at hand. Use the first one to combine the flour with salt, baking powder and pepper. In the second one, beat the egg. Add the oil and milk and mix well.
Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and whisk just until evenly combined.
Use a wooden spatula or spoon to gently fold in the zucchini, cheese, herbs and onion. You will obtain a thick batter which will not resemble at all with the regular muffin mixture which is more fluid. That is perfectly fine and you shouldn’t worry. The batter will rise and turn into delicious savory muffins.
Divide the mixture equally between 15 muffin cases, making sure you only fill them for about ¾ of their capacity.
Bake for about 30-35 minutes. They should have a beautiful golden color and a toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin needs to come out clean.
Remove from the oven and set aside for 8-10 minutes to cool a bit before serving.
In case you have any muffins left, take them to an airtight container and keep at room temperature for maximum 3 days.
- Keep in mind to only fill ¾ of the muffin holes with batter. It will rise during the baking and may overflow. You want nicely shaped healthy savory muffins that will not only enchant your taste buds but your eyes as well. They can be used as an appetizer for a party, for example. They really need to look well.
- Besides from snacking on them or enjoying for a late breakfast in the weekends, you also have the alternative of turning these into a nutritious lunch. Just place them near a large salad and you got yourself a delicious and satisfying meal.
- Another idea would be to use the easy savory muffins as a side dish for dinner. If you are roasting some meat and you want to enjoy it with something other than salad, zucchini muffins will save you. If they are already cooked, heating them in the microwave or even in the oven is quick. And now, your meal is complete.
- Nonetheless, it doesn’t matter what you’ll use them for. Most important fact is that your whole family will be delighted and they will ask for more.
Calories: 158kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 5.9g | Fat: 5.6g